It hung in the air like a fog, as soon as the words were out of my mouth I wished I could suck them back in, but he had been pushing me with all the “are you okay?” & I just blurted it out. It was spontaneous & unfair, like an exploded gas bomb. He actually did a small hop away from me like I’d hit him, & I can’t even describe the look of disbelief & anguish I saw on his face; though it transformed into an angry scowl almost as quickly.
“Fine Jules, do whatever you want then!” he said, & he turned & walked away.
Watching my Charmed box set & noticed a newspaper headline I recognised from a movie…. The movie Mrs Doubtfire no less. So a quick peek on imdb trivia proved my spot accurate:
“In the pilot for Charmed (1998) toward the end of the show, Shannen Doherty picks up a newspaper from the sidewalk. The newspaper headline reads “Firemen Doubt Fire was Accidental”, the same newspaper prop used by Robin Williams’s character giving him the idea for the name “Mrs. Doubtfire”.”
I have quite a stack to get through but I keep seeing more fabulous titles & just can’t resist adding more. So far I have:
– The Strain by Guillermo Del Toro & Chuck Hogan. – a vampire trilogy I believe that’s caused by a virus.
– The Catcher In The Rye by Salinger – the classic that I’ve never read & want to.
– The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton – a period novel with a paranormal twist based around a dolls house & the life like miniatures made for it. I know this one is going to freak me out but it sounds awesome.
– The Twelve by Justin Cronin – this is the sequel to The Passage, another vampire trilogy based on a virus. They are notoriously difficult to get into aa they start off so obscure you have no idea what’s going on.
– Under The Skin by Michel Faber – I believe is about a femal serial killer. It’s also a movie starring Scarlet Johanson.
– Panic by Jeff Abbott – I’ve read several of his books, crime based murder mystery, very fast paced. This one is about a kid that comes home to his dead mother & missing father & everything he thought he knew is turned upside down.
There will be reviews as I complete each one.
Last night I finished reading ‘Days Of Blood & Starlight’ by Laini Taylor. It’s the sequel to ‘Daughter of Smoke & Bone’ & I can’t wait to buy the third one that comes out this month! The plot line is fantastic, with mythical beasts known as Chimaera & Fiery Angels. A war ravaged other world with portals into our own. Love, Loss & Horror. Brutality & kindness; But above all else, Hope.
I completed The Passage by Justin Cronin yesterday after months of slogging through & walking away & coming back to it between other reads.
It’s fabulously written but is impeccably difficult to get into since its constantly jumping between characters for a good chunk of the story. It’s hard to keep up & for a while I had no idea what the hell was going on or how it all added together.
Once I had sunk into it more & was beginning to grasp it’s direction it got so miserable I stopped for a while so as to keep from sinking into depression myself.
However, this all being said I became hooked once the plot settled & I got into its rhythm. It is a brilliant concept for a fantasy story that’s compelling & realistic.
I am only past novel One though as the sequel The Twelve is on my Christmas List & that is followed by a third instalment that has yet to be published.
If you can persevere with this long challenge then it is most definitely worth the read.
For giggles hut the link for 25 reasons The Walking Dead IS like Toy Story!!!